Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran?
(04-14-2024, 04:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Has the current Iranian Administration ever honored a pact to date? 

If you are referring to Gaza, then Biden releasing Billions to Iran for them to fund Hamas, then yes I agree we were partially responsible for what is going on there, and by doing so, he also gave them the funds to "Speed" up their Nuke program even more.

?? What sort of pact?  One of the outstanding features of the Iran Deal was that it allowed invasive monitoring of Iran's 
nuclear program. That's gone now. No one was basing any deal on "honor."

After keeping their word on the Iran Deal for years, even after Trump broke our word, they finally decided in 2020 to rebuild their
enrich program and to engage more centrifuges. Now we are on the verge of a war with Iran, a TREMENDOUS incentive for them now
to create a bomb. 

The Billions released to Iran were and still are held in Qatar, where they can only be used to buy humanitarian goods. 
The Iranians were not given a tub of 100 dollar bills they could then divvy up between Hamas and Hezbollah. Er wait, I believe 
even those funds were frozen in 2023 and still are. 

I'm hoping people get a bit more skeptical of the "Iran-as-puppetmaster" explanation of the current conflict. The primary driver is
still Palestinian dispossession. 

The article I posted for you fairly crows about how Trump effected an end run around the Palestinians, to isolate them so they'd have
to come to the peace table on Israeli terms, with no more powerful Arab friends. 

Couple that with busted Iran Deal, and that should rebut Luvnit's "ME was handled under Trump" thesis. We are living with the fallout
of Trump's chaotic policy and many decades of protecting Israel's occupation instead of using our influence to leverage them to the
peace table. 

How often in the history of US foreign relations has "strong" turned out to be just dumb? A cultivated perception and no more. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran? - Dill - 04-14-2024, 04:33 PM