Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks
I can't see helping Steelers by trading them Higgins.  Now Higgins was born in Tennessee and in college played for Clemson.  So maybe Higgins would love going to Tennessee.  Maybe better for Bengals is a trade out of AFC to Carolina or maybe even Atlanta.  If a trade for picks happens, I don't really want Higgins in AFC and certainly not twice a year foe on a AFC North team.  

I'm starting to think Bengals front office mean it that they have no intention of trading Higgins.  I guess we find out in the draft.  If Higgins doesn't get traded in this draft, he's not getting traded. If he chooses not to play, he doesn't get paid.  If he plays, he gets paid a lot as a franchise tag WR,  He will be one of highest paid WR in NFL in 2024 if he plays.  NFL players have sat out and refused to play.  I guess we will see what happens.  As for a trade for draft picks, I would think he would like to play in Tennessee or Carolina again, and those states would love to have him as home star ticket sales. The upside to Higgins as a Carolina Panther is Bengals don't play them much, and Carolinas get Tee Higgins Clemson star.  Higgins in his home state of Tennessee is not as bad as Higgins going to Steelers.  Do not trade him to an AFC North team, he is too good and will beat Bengals brains in twice a year, every year.

Of note is Bills did not get a round 1 for Diggs. If Diggs trade didn't get a round 1, neither would Higgins. So if a Higgins trade happens, odds are it will be less than a round 1.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks - kevin - 04-16-2024, 04:48 AM