Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 stats for why 2024 is huge for the Bengals
This year will decide a lot about what the Bengals should do for their future due to two stats...

1. The last 18 QBs to lose their first SB have never started another SB (and only 4 in NFL history have).
2. No QB/HC duo in NFL history have ever won their first SB together later than their 5th year together.

I think Burrow is a good enough QB that so long as he can stay healthy he can overturn #1. Elway was the last to do it, so it has been done despite the odds being against him.

The fact that no QB/HC duo have ever done the second one in NFL history though makes me think that if you don't have it click and get it done early, it's never going to happen no matter how many years you have together. Without the trophy and ring, the messaging can only work for so long.

So I think 2024 is going to be a big year because playoffs and a win or two isn't going to be enough to maintain the status quo for 2025. It's SB or bust this year. We'd be trying to push two massive boulders up a mountain if we don't win a ring and try to keep things as they are.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2 stats for why 2024 is huge for the Bengals - TheLeonardLeap - 04-22-2024, 07:27 AM