Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea
(04-26-2024, 06:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, again I can't really argue against this.  You've heard me say many times that Trump pulls out the ugly in everyone, including his opponents.

Apt.

(04-26-2024, 06:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's a limit to how crazy one side can get without shedding followers.  There are plenty of ardent Trump supporters who would peel off if Trump made serious infringements on Constitutional freedoms.  I certainly hope we never get to the point that this point can be proven though.

I find one can argue that he already tried to do that, and that he did not succeed was not a matter of intent, but of competence. Many things might be open to interpretation in that regard, among the select few that are not is that he actually called a state secretary, asked him to find him the exact number of votes to win the state, was annoyed when said secretary did not obey and then threatened him. That is a clear attempt at infringing on the fundamental right to vote, that is Putinesque thinking and acting and there's no real wiggle room there. It was not exaggerated by hysterical media or anything, it was on tape for everyone to hear. To me, that would be a logical point where said shedding of followers should start, should such a mechanism reliably exist. But it did not. Trump could go on and argue that the election that got stolen from him allows for the termination of all rules and articles, including those in the constitution, and no one ran away from him over it either, in fact no one even spoke up about it. His lawyers argue for total presidential immunity and explicitly count murdering political opponents as non-prosecutable deed. I mean, you know about this and some other stuff too, so I wonder how you could phrase it like "if he made such moves". Imho, he already actively tries to make them and that is as disqualifying for the highest office as it gets, but people do not peel off. Sorry about that, but I can not in good conscience not make this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea - hollodero - 04-26-2024, 07:37 PM