Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
California wants to crack down on CLEAR at the airport
(04-26-2024, 02:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: There was already an existing program with a separate line, TSA Pre, which I'd highly recommend to everyone who flies even just a few times per year.

I think TSA is like $95 for 5 years.  CLEAR is $189 PER YEAR, although both are sometimes covered by various travel cards...which themselves have fees ranging from $200-$500+, so again really only worth it if you travel a lot.

Problem is, TSA line is still plenty fast in most airports, even during peak times.  I have experience with CLEAR, and I got annoyed that my TSA wait was sometimes extended a good 5-10 minutes while CLEAR people were ushered to the front of my line.  The problem is, that CLEAR line is often SLOWER....except when it's not.  CLEAR is probably not helped by the amount of free trials they've been pumping out.

From my perspective, it's simply not worth the money even at airports where the CLEAR line is occasionally faster AND when TSA is a 20+ minute wait.

Never used CLEAR for concerts or other events.  Maybe it's worth it in that instance.

I have TSA pre check and it’s been GREAT. Except for Atlanta (when I was coming back from the Masters NBD), my friend beat us to the terminal going through the general check.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: California wants to crack down on CLEAR at the airport - StoneTheCrow - 04-26-2024, 03:18 PM