Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why has the Super Bowl hype come and gone?
(05-29-2015, 08:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ^This^

We've probably had the talent to make a couple deep playoff runs/SB's these past few years ! We just don't have the leadership/coaching.

Until we prove we can run with the big dogs nobody is going to say we're anything but porch material. And we've cemented our position as porch masters !

This.

We had a lot of injuries - which may or may not have determined our season.  But you look over the season and we had very few games where we played like we were big dogs.   The games against Cleveland and Denver come to mind - and that was against teams that had serious flaws at the time.

Then think of the games against Pittsburgh and New England.   We just were not of that caliber.

Was it talent or coaching?  I'm thinking both.

I have no conviction how we're going to do this year.   I could see it going both ways.  We have a lot of our skill players back and have buttressed the D-line and Linebacker positions.  Our two coordinators have a year under their belt and with fewer injuries more to work with.

But players and coaches alike have some serious improvements to make.  We need players who don't wilt under pressure - but thrive under it.  Seattle was (I feel) clearly the better team in the Super Bowl.  But players like Edelman, Amendola, Gronkowski and Blount just kept making clutch plays.  They were mentally tough.

Up till now I've felt we have very few players like that.  Talented, but not relentless.

We get that kind of attitude across the board and we'll do something.    That's what I'm looking for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why has the Super Bowl hype come and gone? - 3wt - 06-02-2015, 08:40 PM