Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon
(02-11-2016, 05:23 PM)kevin Wrote: I must repeat that we are NOT talking about the Cooperstown Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame here......That is a whole different animal.

I AM talking about Reds Hall of Fame in Cincinnati Ohio. ...NOT Cooperstown.

Reds intend to have Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame in 2016 or 2017. They are going to try to do it working with MLB Commish Office, but Reds are going to do this. .....Precendent : Rose was allowed to be part of the All-Century Team Ceremony, The Great 8 Ceremony, The Anniversary of him breaking TY Cobbs record and some other Reds events. Rose also has been on CBS or FOX or some such major newtwork as part of World Series broadcasts.  Reds Hall of Fame also had a year where they featured Pete Rose in their Hall of Fame Museum.  So MLB has already let Rose be a part of baseball with Reds or MLB.

The United States Constitution :  MLB is not bigger than this and there is such a thing as States Rights. Cincinnati and Cooperstown are in 2 different states. Curt Flood challenged and won against MLB unconstitutional monopoly rules. If needed the Reds should take this to the highest courts and perhaps the Supreme Court because there is legal ground here. Cincinnati should have the right to run their Reds Hall of Fame in the name of States Rights and the US Constitution.  I'm sure the Reds Hall of Fame is ran and funded by Cincinnati Reds and MLB in New York has never gave it any money to stay open or function. It is all Cincinnati funded and ran.

So I am talking Cincinnati, not Cooperstown.  It should not take MLB in New York lifting the lifetime ban for Cincinnati to honor the Cincinnati born Hit King.  Cincinnati honoring Pete will not effect or hurt New York or Cooperstown one darn bit. ....So Cincinnati should include Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame Museum....plus his number 14 should be retired, a statue of him outside the Reds Hall of Fame and a Pete Rose Day for his induction to the Reds Hall of Fame and these other items mentioned. ........and Pete Rose should take it and love every second of it because who can say about Cooperstown if he will live to see that. He should be very proud to be honored by Cincinnati with these things I've mentioned, and die a happy man.

So not talking Copperstown at all here.....Talking that Reds intend to put Pete Rose in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ...and it should be done and Reds should go to court and fight any form of MLB standing in the way of this because Cincinnati and Ohio have City and States Rights per the US Constitution.

Some posts seemed to be talking Cooperstown. That is a different subject......The question is, Does Cincinnati Ohio have the US Constitutional freedom to run the CIncinnati Ohio Reds Hall of Fame and honor a Cincinnati born Reds player for the fans of this player and the Cincinnati Reds ???   The Reds say they do, the Reds say they will, and MLB might as well aprove it because Cincinnati Ohio has a very strong legal court case here if that is needed. ....Reds say Pete will be in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ....not talking Cooperstown here, that is a whole different thng. THat is indeed MLB. This is Cincinnati only.....If I were the MLB Commish, I would agree to it and like Pilot, wash my hands of it. It has nothing to to with Cooperstown or New York, and mostly it gives fans of Cincinnati some closer. I would let Reds do it for the Cincinnati fans who have suffered also. I would do it for the fans. I repeat, I would allow Reds to do this for THE FANS. I'm hoping MLB allows this for THE FANS and does not try to butt into Reds plans. MLB should put THE FANS first, and in this case not stand in the way of this that would be good and long over due for Reds Fans.

You do realize that Rose is going into the Reds HOF this year, right?

Since the Reds are part of MLB, I think they have to have final say on if Rose could be inducted into the teams HOF.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon - nevergonnachange - 02-12-2016, 11:02 AM