Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-23-2015, 11:28 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I agree with the similarity.  Both teams have backup, average at best QB's.  Neither team has consistently run the ball.  Neither team has consistently pass protected.  Both teams can have devastating pass rushes.  Both teams (when 100%) can man up with 3 DB's and cover you on the outside.  Both teams struggle to cover over the middle and TE's in the seam.

My worries are this.

Denver is at home
Denver has 2 different running backs that do different things, and that combo has hurt us big time
Denver has 2 tight ends, who haven't been very good, but will probably have 8-10 catches and 100+ yards in this one
Denver has 2 wide receivers who we can probably contain, but won't be able to cheat against.

In the end, their defense is slightly better than ours, their offense is slightly better than ours (without Dalton) and they are at home.

I can see a game that is like 17-13, 13-9, something like that.  We have to really not have suicidal penalties or turnovers and play a nearly flawless disciplinary game.  The talent, experience and coaching side of the ball we're just as good or better than them.

The penalty thing is going to be tough. Ed Hochuli is officiating the game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - Bengal Dude - 12-23-2015, 05:36 PM