Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
(12-24-2015, 04:28 PM)gobobro Wrote: Being on a 12-2 team doesn't mean anything. Being the second fiddle at tight end also doesn't mean a whole lot... Gresham is also insulated from causing too much harm because they don't depend on him for anything.

If you like Gresham, that's fine. Any argument that suggests the Bengals did, though, is going to be tough to find evidence for.

Gresham was a fine blocker that burned the team too many times when they depended on him. I think they found that skillset replaceable.

I bring up that he is on a top offense on a 12-2 team because I have a feeling if he were on a god awful team people would say "Wow, look how good the Browns are doing with Gresham...NOT!"  Also, I'm pointing out that Gresham isn't catching TE#1 in AZ, which he wouldn't be here, anyways.  People want it to be Gresham vs. Eifert when it's really Gresham vs. Kroft or the other guy.

It's no big deal since we can look at our record and say we don't miss the guy, but he's being used by a team that has a better record than we do, so meh.  I just think a big part of the Gresham hate comes from the fact that he isn't on the Bengals anymore.  I guess he's being a cancer in AZ but it doesn't matter because Palmer is going to quit on them any day now and sour grapes and blah blah blah.

To summarize:  Eifert >>> Gresham, but some perspective is nice
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing - Nately120 - 12-24-2015, 06:56 PM