A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
Backup QB's Who Have Won Playoff Games:

- Franck Reich
- Jeff Hostetler
- Trent Dilfer
- TJ Yates
- Mike Tomczak
- Tommy Maddox

A Couple More Backup QB's, Who Not Only Won Playoff Games, But Became Legitimate Stars:

- Tom Brady
- Kurt Warner

Absolute Turd Sandwiches Who Have Also Won Playoff Games:

- Mark Sanchez
- Early Joe Flacco
- Rob Johnson
- Rex Grossman
- Tim Tebow
- Rodney Pete
- Jay Schroeder

And these are just a collection of backups, scrubs and noodle arms that I came up with off the top of my head.  I'm sure there's a lot, lot more.  And if we were to include any and all NFL games, then the list would be almost endless.  We could have a discussion of how teams win with the Ryan Lindley's and Matt Flynn's of the world, all of the time in this league.

The fact is AJ McCarron is currently sitting on a 95 QB rating.  The fact is teams have won with worse.  The fact is we'll be playing at home.  And the fact is, if this team is anywhere near the caliber many of us think they are, there should be absolutely no reason why they can't go out there and bring home a W against the Jets or the Steelers.

It's all right there for the taking.  Having a guy who has two full regular seasons under his belt in the same scheme, who now has a number of starts, who also happens to be a two time National Champion, who is sporting a 90+ rating if far from being at a tremendous disadvantage.  Hell, against the Jets you could probably make the case both teams have a similar caliber starting QB.

LET'S FINALLY GET IT DONE, BENGALS!!!!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - Wes Mantooth - 01-02-2016, 10:23 PM