Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New found respect for Marvin
I have been one of his harshest critics but I've got to give the ole coach some credit. This season if it wasn't for Dalton's injury I'm confident we'd have the bye week and be in supreme position to make a run at the SB. With McCarron i'm not so sure. Regardless, the Bengals have made the playoffs 5 straight years and even though the team tends to shrink under the bright lights the fact remains that this team is one of the best regular season teams in the NFL over the past 5 seasons. That has to mean something right? I've wanted him canned after every season over the past 10 years but this is the first time I actually wouldn't mind bringing him back regardless of how the team performs against the steelers.

I think the other thing that people fail to give him credit for is the coordinators he's come up with over the past 5 years. As others have noted he's starting to create a decent coaching tree. I'm giving Marvin props...he's earned it after 5 solid regular seasons in a row. This does not negate the fact that his in game coaching decisions are inferior and at times he looks nervous on the sidelines. Overall he's a decent head coach who has had supreme success in the regular season; next step, win in the playoffs!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
New found respect for Marvin - CornerBlitz - 01-06-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: New found respect for Marvin - jason - 01-07-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: New found respect for Marvin - jj22 - 01-07-2016, 12:01 AM