Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever used Zillow to sell a house?
Anyone ever sell a house without a realtor? I have bought one house in my life 15 years ago, but I have never sold one. Anyone ever used Zillow or want to suggest another site?

Anyone ever bought a house on one of these sites?

When I read Freakonomics there was an entire chapter about how realtors want to sell a house fast instead of waiting for the best offer possible. They did a study about how much realtors got for houses they sold for other people and how much they got when they sold a house for themselves. When they sold other peoples houses they did it quicker, but when they sold their own homes they got more money compared to the original asking price. butr even if I ell my house for the same amount a realtor would get I would save thousands of dollars in commission.

I would like to talk to a realtor to get an idea of a reasonable asking price, but I know they will want me to sign a listing contract before they help me out. It would be hard to find comps for my property. It is platted as part of an addition to a subdivision, but it is on a 3.5 acre lot. And there is also a train track nearby that I know will effect the value.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anyone ever used Zillow to sell a house? - fredtoast - 01-07-2016, 06:26 PM