Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Stupid Loss In Bengals History
I've been watching Bengals since game 1 in 1968.  I have seen Bengals win or lose many ways.  ....To give up 30 yards in penalties on one play to give up the game winning field goal is the most stupid way of losing by them ever.....Consider it was the play-offs. Now most play-offs we just got beat. The few we won, we went on to Super Bowl and lost close games, but there was nothing stupid about those Super Bowls, just a good 49ers team.....

To have the young back-up AJ McCarron hit AJ Green and put Bengals in lead with about 2 minutes left was a great comeback....Then Burfict intercepted a pass and it looked real good....but he got up and ran the wrong way 70 some yards down field, and Bengals were lucky that wasn't called a safety giving Steelers lead and Bengals punting. ....Coach Lewis tried to calm Burfict and players down......Then Hill fumbled on the first play.   Time was running out when Big Ben completed a pass and Burfict launced himself into the receivers head as he has many times in his career. Besides being a catch for yards, tack on 15 more for the penalty.  Still, this would have been a 50 yard field goal in the rain, but Bengals Adam Jones got nailed for a 15 yard penalty of unsportsman like conduct and that GAVE....GAVE Steelers the easy field goal to win......

Because they lost their heads and forgot the situation and the play-offs, they played right into Steelers hands. They were suckered, fooled and in short stupid.  What had been one of the great Bengals play-off wins ever was handed away in a few seconds due to stupid players forgetting the situation on the field and the amount of time left.

I had considered due to the rain and young QB that perhaps 3 kneel downs would eat up Steelers time outs and we could pin them back with 90 yards to go and no time outs. I don't blame the run call. Even with the fumble, Steelers don't win if Bengals don't give up that pass play and then tack on 30 more yards in stupid penalties on same play.

This is easily the most stupid way to lose a football game in the Bengals entire history.  That it happened in the play-offs with the lead at end of game, and they just Bungled the game away makes it more stupid.  We can say Steelers baited the trap, but Bungles walked into the trap.  ....When McCarron hit Green for game winning TD, they were The Bengals....but they made so many stupid plays in the next 2 minutes, they ended the game as THE BUNGLES. .....The most stupid loss ever in Bengals history....They turned a great play-off win into a stupid loss with 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on same play to put Steelers in easy field goal range with about 20 seconds left. Just stupid, no excuse for it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Most Stupid Loss In Bengals History - kevin - 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM