Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TRUTH about the Bengals-Steelers game
First and foremost, the refs OVERALL called a decent game. With that said, they DID decide the outcome of the game by calling a penalty on Pacman and NOT calling one on Porter. Jones penalty was FAR from egregious and what should have happened were offsetting penalties (the penalty on Burfict was the right call and should stand). Had they done that, the kicker has to make a challenging 50 yard FG in the rain. Not a given, but if he makes it, there'd be a lot less drama.

Also, Shazier deserved a penalty for his hit on Gio and the fact that the league hasn't addressed it means, among other things, they truly do NOT care about player safety. Honestly, this crap is the only thing that still pisses me off. I don't like the no call on Porter, but Shazier not receiving a fine and, worse, idiots in the media DEFENDING the hit ...

Wheaton's TD should not have counted. He bobbled the ball between his 2 steps. The replay want super obvious so I can understand why it wasn't overturned but still, the bobble is there.

Lastly, there's no one person that's at fault for the Bengals losing (I fall into the blame Hill group, FYI), but the thing to remember is that the Steelers didn't win the game, the Bengals lost it. . They "bungled" the game. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as the late Stuart Scott used to say.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The TRUTH about the Bengals-Steelers game - PhilHos - 01-12-2016, 07:16 PM