Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-17-2015, 07:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Killing Manning early in his career for his playoff losses?

He had Seven losses by a combined 26 points and 1 other by 41 points

How's we do in our 4 losses:
Game 1: 31-10  21 points
Game 2: 19-13     6 points
Game 3: 27-10   17 points
Game 4: 26-10   16 points

4 Losses by 60 points.

Seems to me even though PM was loosing, they were still in the game.
Also never seen some of the wildest plays in my life except against the colts.
Ben's Shoestring Tackle that saved the game for Pitt......
Back up came off the bench to replace Rivers and win the game for the Chargers
2 missed FG's by Vanderjagt that would've been game winners that were setup by PM.
Forget Snap count on 3-1 with chance to clinch game.
Allow 70 yard game tying TD bomb in closing seconds.
Had worst starting Field Position for a road team in 30 years.

When you look at PM's overall stats during his Post Season games, it becomes quite clear that PM is not at fault for his team losing, but because of his position, it falls on his shoulders.

Here are Peyton's stats in his first 3 playoff games:
Game 1: 19 for 42 45.2% 227 yards 0 TD 0 INT 62.3 rating

Game 2: 17 for 32 53.1% 194 yards 1 TD 0 INT 82.0 rating

Game3: 14 for 31 45.2% 137 yards 0 TD 2 INT 31.2 rating

Here are his QB ratings for his next 2 playoff losses (after he and the Colts did win some games) : 35.5, 69.3. After 2004, Manning never had lower than a 73 rating in any playoff game (win or loss).

In other words, until 2005, Peyton Manning was just as much to blame for the playoff losses as Dalton is for the Bengals.

(06-17-2015, 08:21 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: To the point about not using the tie as a win. I specifically said WON the game. I already build in fluff for the Pro-Andy argument by saying teams 500 and above. That means the shitty Browns team that we opened up with was credited as beating a team with a 500 or better record. You want to stack the deck so badly it has to be embarrassing to even the most fanatic Dalton fan.

That's bullshit. You cannot add the tie to the formula for total games played but not count it towards wins. Even saying you're only talking about wins, you still need to add the tie. The tie is literally half a win. It's NOT a loss. Not adding the half a win, you're basically calling the tie a loss and it's NOT. 

Criticize the dude all you want for manipulating the stats, but not counting the tie with the winsbut still using it in the overall games played, you're just as guilty of manipulating stats.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - PhilHos - 06-17-2015, 10:23 PM