Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have and Still Need A Top Linebacker Pick
(01-18-2016, 02:31 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I agree I would love a linebacker. One will fall to us in the first round I hope it's Jaylon Smith.

That's very possible, depends on how his rehab is going. Most teams will want someone that is ready to go asap, whilst we, the Bengals, can draft him, start him on the PUP and let him come along slowly, just like we did with Ogbuehi.
That's the benefit of being fairly deep at most positions.

One guy I wouldn't mind taking a flier on is Frank Shannon ILB Oklahoma.
He should be available in the 5th+ rounds, and if his career hadn't gotten derailed (by the sexual assault accusations), he probably would be drafted much higher than his current projection.

Some others:
Luke Rhodes William & Mary (only FCS LB on Butkus award watch list).
Noah Spence EKU (Former 5 start Ohio State recruit, showed good promise, but got kicked off team for drugs)
David Perkins maybe? Another OSU former player. You know the guy that tackled the OSU Mascot lol
Myke Tavarres University of Incarnate Word (Arkansas Transfer wasn't really clear as to why he left, he left with a small group of other players that left as well). Tackling machine for UIW.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Have and Still Need A Top Linebacker Pick - Mike M (the other one) - 01-18-2016, 09:43 PM