Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to jump into free agency
(02-02-2016, 01:04 AM)SFmajor Wrote: LMAO!   I'll be your huckleberry!  Why is it that everyone thinks that things will be so good with only one  1st Round Draft pick.  Look at Stephon Anthony at New Orleans.  Sorry for all those Saint fans who saw their team take a nose dive this year.  Ask Jeff Luc about the Saints defense,  he was there.

As for Roach, he was injured in his Junior year with Lis franc, rehabbed and returned.  He had 18 tackles against Michigan State.  His pro-day performance would have placed him 5th overall for LB's at the combine had he been invited to attend.  I can post his results if you need proof.  No hate here, just enjoying all the whining. 

Honestly, I hope you do get your wish and the Bengals draft a 1st round LB this year.  Then I can sit back and watch all the posts about how great he is like everyone did over P J Dawson.  

I'm not sure I see the connection between the two.

In 2014, the Saints were 31st in the NFL on defense. In 2015, the Saints were 31st in the NFL on defense. They didn't take a "nose dive" because of Stephon Anthony, they continued to be the exact same as they were, a bad defense with a TERRIBLE defensive coordinator, who wasn't just needing a linebacker to shore up their one weak spot.

I'll send it back at you. Look at Cedric Ogbuehi doing nothing while Bodine and Smith were beaten senseless. I'd personally rather have the 112 tackles, 1 sack, 5 Pdef, 1 INT, 2 FF of a rookie LB who managed to play 93% of the defensive snaps.

Pro Day times =/= combine times. Pro Day times are almost always quicker. Example? Ryan Shazier ran a "4.36" at his Pro Day. That would have made him the 4th fastest person at the entire combine, for all positions. He also was listed at 6'2 in Ohio St, was 6'1 at the combine. Was 237 at the combine, 230 at Ohio St.

Trevor Roach:

2014 Season

Roach had an outstanding senior season, taking over the starting MIKE linebacker role at mid-season and ranking among the Blackshirts' top tacklers. Roach played in every regular-season game and started the final six games of the 2014 campaign. He missed the Holiday Bowl because of a foot injury. His play as a senior capped a successful career for Roach on and off the field. A former walk-on, Roach was a factor for the NU defense throughout his career. Roach finished 2014 with 63 tackles, including 32 solo stops and seven tackles for loss. He added a sack, two fumble recoveries and a fumble caused. Roach had at least six tackles five times, including 18 tackles at Michigan State, the most for any Husker defender this season. Roach also had four tackles for loss against the Spartans, the most for a Nebraska player this season. Off the field, Roach continued to excel. He earned Academic All-Big Ten honors for the third straight season. Roach earned his degree in finance/management in December.Florida Atlantic: Returned to the field after missing all of 2013 with injury... totaled four tackles, including a TFL... added a pass break-up and a QB hurry. McNeese State: Saw time off the bench but didn't record any stats. Fresno State: Made three tackles, all solo stops, off the bench. Miami: Recorded six tackles off the bench and forced a fumble of Duke Johnson in the third quarter that was returned for a touchdown by Josh Mitchell. Illinois: Saw time off the bench and made one tackle. Michigan State: Made his first career start and finished with a career-high 18 tackles, bettering his seven tackles against Tennessee-Chattanooga in the 2011 season opener... also had a career-high four TFLs for nine yards. Northwestern: Led NU in tackles for the second straight game with 10 stops... notched his first sack of the year, a seven-yard loss. Rutgers: Produced six tackles, including a TFL... added his second pass break-up of the season. Purdue: Started and notched one tackle. Wisconsin: Recorded three tackles and forced one of Wisconsin's four fumbles. Minnesota: Recorded three tackles against the Gophers. Iowa: Finished third on the team with eight tackles... also recovered a fumble and notched his second QB hurry of the season. USC: Did not play because of injury.
2013 Season
Roach missed the 2013 season because of injury.
2012 Season
Played in six games and made five tackles. He had three tackles in NU's win over Idaho State and made two stops against Minnesota. He split a sack against Idaho State.
2011 Season
Played in five games, and had seven tackles and two tackles for loss, all in the opener against Chattanooga. He also saw action against Washington, Wisconsin, Ohio State and South Carolina. He was slowed by injury during the second half of the season.
2010 Season
Roach redshirted and worked on the scout team in his first season in 2010.

- - - - - - - - - -
  • So he redshirted.
  • Next year he played in 5 games, got 7 tackles, then got hurt.
  • Next year he played in 6 games, got 5 tackles.
  • Next year he missed the entire season with injury.
  • Next year he finally started some games (6) and had 63 tackles, then he missed his bowl game due to yet another injury.
Forgive me if I don't preorder tickets for Trevor Roach's HoF induction ceremony.

(I also was never excited about the PJ Dawson pick, or honestly any 2015 pick really.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Time to jump into free agency - fredtoast - 02-01-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-01-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - 3wt - 02-01-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - TheLeonardLeap - 02-02-2016, 01:41 AM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-02-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-02-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-02-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-02-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Time to jump into free agency - Au165 - 02-02-2016, 03:34 PM