Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I missing something about our free agents?
(02-12-2016, 09:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Interestingly, I read through the following article listing the top 20 NFL free agents and the next 8 players after that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602379/article/top-20-unrestricted-free-agents-for-2016

I was completely surprised that Andre Smith is on the list, but Iloka is not. Neither is Nelson or Adam Jones or any other Bengal free agent.

I truly figured that Iloka would be sought after by several teams in need of safety help.

And, Andre Smith? I don't have him rated that high at all. Maybe there's a dearth of RTs available or something.

You hit the nail on the head, not just RT's available but overall OT and OL play in the league.  You need consistency on the OL to trump these stellar defenses we saw in the Super Bowl.  Even with Andre having some baggage, he still has something left in the tank and someone will pay for that.  That rumor of Denver trying to give up two 1sts for Thomas shows you the value of a quality OT, further proven by the Browns not giving him and his contract up.  Someone will give him a 3 year deal and even pay the dead money in the 3rd year if he doesn't work out just so they can plug a hole preventing them from being a contender.  Yea that list is just his opinon, Iloka should be on there, this will turn into a 10 page thread quick if we put too much stock into it. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I missing something about our free agents? - phil413 - 02-12-2016, 09:59 PM