Poll: Do you want more posts like this?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodine: Where he needs to improve in year 2
(06-08-2015, 11:19 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The goal every year should be to get your five best players in on the OL. Whether it means working Z or Boling at center and the rookies at guard (don't forget we have Hopkins too) or starting a rookie over a vet. Get your five best on the field. 

Rookie mistakes are things like missing a snap count, false starts or general brain farts.  Bodine's problems extend beyond rookie mistakes. Players rarely change with their hands, you can fix things like bad footwork, false steps, base too wide etc...but the problem with hands is that they are more connected to the attitude. The big punch off the snap, quick inside hands. Bodine's short arms and lack of punch make it very difficult for him to win positioning. 

Thanks. 

I basically agree with you Redlegs,

But I think a lot of players are not truly prepared for the difference in the game moving from College to Pro and I feel that figures into the equation a bit, even on the hands.

In college he probably faced one or two NFL caliber NG's DT's a season. Now he's facing a whole different level of speed, quickness, strength, skill, nastiness on every play.

Don't you think ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bodine: Where he needs to improve in year 2 - bengalfan74 - 06-08-2015, 11:35 AM