Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pittsburgh High Schools Are Creating Leaders For Tomorrow
(03-03-2016, 03:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I was thinking that it's pretty absurd to draw conclusions about the fan base of a football team and the people of a city from an incident that is in fact quite common in large metropolitan areas. No matter how much you to try to differentiate the incident in Pittsburgh from the one in Dayton (which is part of the Bengals market), they are both incidents of gang violence. 

It literally took me 1 minute to google search and find that article. If I cared, Im sure that with a little more extensive Google search I could find several more similar incidents. 

A couple of years ago, there was an elementary school in Cincy that went on semi-permanent lockdown because of all the violence in the area.  That incident didn't necessarily relate specifically to the students, but since Brad's stated intention was to cast dispersions on all if Pittsburgh as the 'trashiest' place in the country, I think it's a pertinent example of how this sort of thing is an urban problem rather than a Pittsburgh or Cincy problem.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pittsburgh High Schools Are Creating Leaders For Tomorrow - JS-Steelerfan - 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM