Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 01:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And they already have Golden Tate.  Man, if my team went from having Calvin Johnson, to  marvin jones, I'd be so pissed.

I always thought Jones was rather overrated.  He benefited immensely from the weapons around him, coaching, and sheer volume in the passing attack.  He was way inconsistent to see that amount of coin.  IMHO, anything over 6 mil, and 15 mil guaranteed, is overpaying.

How the hell can you pay 40 mil to a guy who's never hit 1,000 yards in a season?  Never even hit 900 yards.  Craziness.  Might as well take a few mil behind the stadium and burn it, while you're at it.

I feel ya on Calvin vs Marvin, but the Lions were proactive at least. They were in a tough spot. Fwiw, Marvin will get even more volume in Detroit. They throw it more than anyone. They've got to fix that o-line though.

(03-09-2016, 01:51 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Based on this list Marvin Jones hit free agency at the perfect time.  Of that list, I may entertain Wallace.  Colston if I absolutely had to.

I only listed players who were cut because the Bengals like to protect their compensatory picks. There's also Rishard Matthews, Reuben Randle, Boldin, etc available. Matthews and Randle are better than MLJ imo. Mike Wallace would be just as good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver? - Shake n Blake - 03-09-2016, 02:01 PM