Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts
(03-11-2016, 09:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It did hurt.

The good news is the vast majority of the fans knew that we were most likely losing both. There were a few holdouts who thought we could afford 8 million more at WR, or they thought Jones would take a massive pay cut to stay home.

But just looking at the free agent class of WRs told a lot of fans everything they needed to know. There was no way we were getting either back at a fair price. They got overpaid like crazy and I'm glad our front office didn't fall into the classic trap of overpaying now and suffering later (maybe by not having the money to re-sign Eifert next off season, for example.)

I wish we could have kept Jones, but not at 8 million per year. That probably would have meant we didn't re-sign Iloka this season or Eifert next season.

Overall, it was what was best for the team.
We agree that it hurts.......but I don't see an upside that a lot of fans saw this coming. That won't help this team on the field in games.  The only thing that will possibly help this team on the field in games is if they put top priority on bringing in 2 top WRs to fill what is now a weak area on this team.  Our QBs must have WRs on the roster to throw to.  Green and Eifert by themselves won't cut it.  Bengals must put everything into bringing in top WR weapons for our QBs to win ball games.  Team still has play-off talent across the board, except for the losses at WR, which must get full attention by the front office and coaches now to keep the goal at play-offs and Super Bowl.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts - kevin - 03-11-2016, 09:26 AM