Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domata Peko - Once and current great?
(06-17-2015, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not delusional to think that the ability of a player to shed blockers and make tackles is meaningless.

I am not delusional to believe that the opinions of NFL coaches and talent evaluators are meaningless.

I am not delusional to see that the PFF rankings are not very accurate.

You are the one that is delusional by ignoring ALL of the things I have just listed above and just blindly insisting that Peko is one of the worst DTs in the league just because PFF says so.

It's not just because PFF says so, it's because I have eyeballs and I know the role of a 4-3 NT.

He doesn't shed blockers well enough more often than not. He plays tons of snaps, obviously he's going to have more tackles than guys that play less than half of his snap count. Pretend snap count is meaningless.

You have no idea what the opinions of NFL coaches and talent evaluators are. The guys in Cincinnati hardly have a track record of making all of the best decisions. Peko doesn't get the money he's making now on the open market. You can disagree, but there's no way you can lie and say that it's a 100% fact that he would get that much money. Using what the Bengals decided to pay him as a fact of how great he is could be the most lawyer-esque stupid argument I've heard you try to make on here.

PFF rankings aren't to be taken as gospel, as I said. You will NEVER find a player that had a good year on the bottom of their rankings. You just won't. You would probably be the only person on earth to argue against that if you choose to do so. You will not find a guy on the bottom of their run defense grade that had a good year in run defense. You will not find a guy on the bottom of their pass rush grade that had a good year in pass rush. These guys don't just make up numbers out of thin air, they understand how the game works and they grade accordingly. Unlike your opinion, I actually value theirs.

I'll use your own argument here of how much money people make and I'll say that those guys get paid to evaluate NFL players and you don't, therefore their opinion > yours. Right?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domata Peko - Once and current great? - djs7685 - 06-17-2015, 02:30 PM