Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob's Final Mock
Another mock now that our Free Agency is over with solid additions in Dansby and LaFell. I'll go ahead and let everyone know I didn't take a LB, I think with V.Rey, Rey M., Burfict, Dawson, Dansby and Flowers/DiManche I just don't know if they feel the need to take a LB unless someone falls that they didn't expect to be on the board.

Draft :

1. Corey Coleman WR Baylor- I wasn't sure how I felt about Corey Coleman early in the draft season but the more I see of him the more I like this pick, solid at going up and fighting for the 50/50 balls, showed off his speed at his pro day with a 4.37 and great body control. I feel like after his pro day he could jump guys like Doctson but the Baylor system as well as his size could cause him to end up falling to us at 24.

[Image: hi-res-0d3dc7c8daf9ee6bba479e544a7beec9_...h=420&q=75]

2. Austin Johnson DT Penn State - High motor guy that could be that run stuffing DT we have been looking for to replace Domato Peko. Can hold his ground against double teams, great effort, great against the run and can provide some pass rush but is more of a run stuffer. Has good size as well at 6-4 314.

[Image: 18448409-standard.jpg]

3. Cody Whitehair OL Kansas State - One word for this guy I keep seeing is versatile, this makes him a very intriguing prospect for the Bengals this year. Whitehair has experience at RT, LT, and LG but I see scouts saying he could play any position on the line and while most say OG is the prefered spot some have said that Center is a possibility as well. With Bodine struggling and Zeitler being a Free Agent next year this gives us some really solid depth all along the line as well as some insurance if Zeitler was to walk next year.

[Image: USATSI_8093312_725x450.jpg]

4. Charone Peake WR Clemson - We need more WRs so we wait until 4 and Peake is still on the board. Good size at 6'2 209 pounds, ran a 4.45 40 at the combine and a 4.37 at his pro day. Some concerns about hand size but this late his combination of size/speed you have to take a look at him. In the game of his I saw he showed the ability to do multiple things, get behind the defense, bubble screens and a good redzone target. Between LaFell, Coleman, and Peake I feel like we did a great job of replacing the guys we lost.

[Image: ncf_a_charonpeake_ms_600x400.jpg]

5. Keith Marshall RB Georgia - So we have Gio and Hill, both pretty good RBs but it seems like one of them is constantly getting banged up and I'm not comfortable with Peerman and Burkhead, with that I bring in Keith Marshal. Marshall has good size at 5'11 219 and runs a 4.31 40, has injury concerns and put up solid numbers at Georgia this year with 5.1 YPC. This is a lottery ticket type of guy, highly recruited player that struggled with injuries and getting stuck behind great players like Gurley but has a ton of talent and has a chance to be a steal this late in the draft.

[Image: gastiffarm.0.gif] [Image: keithjuke.gif] [Image: InsidiousFamousBobcat.gif]

6. Justin Simmons S Boston College - 6'2 200 pound S/CB playmaker who may be one of the better open field tackling DB's I have seen this year. Had 67 Tackles, 5 interceptions and 3 Forced Fumbles his senior year and was praised by coaches all year for his leadership. Honestly from what I have seen he is clearly better suited at Safety but it is always nice to have a guy with the experience to fill in if needed. This guy was also making big plays against big time competition getting interceptions against teams like Clemson and 2 against Notre Dame. Another very solid prospect for us at safety with good size, great potential and a leader on that Boston College Defense, spot opens up in that group with Nelson going to the Raiders.

[Image: hi-res-c7be426e378bc079c6f3dfa518785755_...h=420&q=75]

7. Donte Deayon CB Boise State - Gonna finish up the draft with another DB this time with an undersized CB that will need to add some bulk at 5'9 159 but is a guy that plays bigger than what he is listed. At his pro day he had a 37 inch vertical which would have ranked 8th at the combine as well as a 4.42 40 yard dash which would also have been 8th. Guy is a playmaker at CB with 14 Interceptions and 25 Pass Deflections in the last 3 years. On top of that he is also a pretty good punt returner.

[Image: Cayleb+Jones+Donte+Deayon+Vizio+Fiesta+B...6Ismql.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bob's Final Mock - BobJones4980 - 04-07-2016, 12:12 AM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - Crowe - 04-07-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - Crowe - 04-07-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - Crowe - 04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - BobJones4980 - 04-08-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - BobJones4980 - 04-09-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - Cornelius - 04-09-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Bob's Final Mock - BobJones4980 - 04-09-2016, 03:03 PM