Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tez play this season? (Coley Harvey)
BengalsMessageBoard @TheBengalsBoard
@ColeyHarvey If you had to place a percentage on the chances of Vontaze playing this year, would it be over or under 50%?

@ColeyHarvey. Salutations to the folks on the "new" Bengals Message Board. Now, to answer your question. I have to say I'm not good with percentages, and I'm really not good with them when it concerns players and injuries. So, that said, will we see Vontaze Burfict playing this season? At this stage, that's anyone's guess, including Burfict's and the Bengals'. The Pro Bowl linebacker still is undergoing rehab from the microfracture surgery he had on his left knee back in January. While we caught a glimpse of him going through some of his rehab drills on the first open day of organized team activities (OTAs) nearly a month ago, he hasn't been training in front of reporters since. Based off what I'm hearing, I would be surprised if we see him do much to the side during his week's mandatory minicamp, too. Training camp might be the time we have a better answer about where Burfict's chances of playing this season are.

I will say, microfracture surgery is a very serious one. It's had a number of success stories, but it has been littered with its failures, too. It is not easy to come back from. As long as Burfict has been taking his treatment patiently and maintains the hungry attitude that got him in the league in the first place, he should be on the field at some point this season. Will it be at the beginning of the season? Maybe not. But if he does those things, he'll play again. Then the question will be, can he get back to his old Pro Bowl form?

Read the rest of the mailbag on ESPN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Will Tez play this season? (Coley Harvey) - Bengalholic - 06-14-2015, 01:16 PM