Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, all top 100
Browns have turned the #2 pick in this years draft, which was used on a small college QB, into 7 picks in the top 100 over the next three years. That is like getting an entire extra draft year with all the picks in the top third of the draft.

As many of you know I always say that the top picks in the first round are overvalued, and picks after the top 100 are basically just luck. The one fourth round pick they got was the first in the round (from Tennessee) so it is still in the top 100. In my eyes the Browns have just pulled off an incredible coup getting that many quality picks. And they had to do it because they have holes all over the place.

But they still have to use those picks properly. The Redskins got a ton of picks for Ricky Williams and did nothing while the Cowboys got a ton of picks for Hershel Walker and turned them into 3 Super Bowl Championships.

I just hope Hue gets to hang around long enough to get the full benefit of these trades. Three of the picks are in future years (1st ans 2nd in '17, 2nd in '18).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, all top 100 - fredtoast - 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM