Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Review - Wk 1 @Oakland
With 18 weeks to go until the start of the 2016/17 season, I thought it might be fun to review the last season.  Each week I am going to fire up GamePass and watch one game from last season, from the start all the way through to the bitter end.

Join me to discuss the game of the week with the benefit of hindsight.

Week 1 - @ Oakland

Bengals 33-13 Raiders
  • We won on the road against an up and coming team in the AFC in a place where we hadn't won before and the team looked GRRRREAT.  
  • Dalton threw the ball all over the place, with Tyler Eifert and Gio Bernard showing up in the passing game as well as good performances from Green, Jones and Sanu
  • Eifert with two red zone touchdowns.  He's going to be a great weapon for us throughout the year
  • Jeremy Hill is looking great.  I can't wait for him to continue where he left off after his rookie season. [Hindsight: where did it all go wrong?  In this game, at least, he looks like he did last year]
  • Our discipline was something to worry about, though.  Kirkpatrick and Iloka were both called for taunting and Adam Jones lost it with Amari Cooper (and should have been ejected). [Hindsight: we should have seen the meltdowns vs pittsburgh coming]
  • Dalton was still in the game when we were 33-0 up in the 4th quarter.  Surely we should be giving McCarron game time in case we need him later in the season? [Hindsight: we did need him.  Maybe these extra snaps would have won the game against Denver?]
  • Hey, this team looks good.  Will this be THE year?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2015 Review - Wk 1 @Oakland - bengal kitten uk - 05-07-2016, 02:25 PM