Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Review - Wk 1 @Oakland
(05-10-2016, 01:02 AM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: I think a lot had to do with it being the first game of the year and having those jitters. I think most thought we would win but didn't want to jinx it. Plus we hadn't played well in Oakland.  If it was the fourth game I think more people would have been more confident.  I think it will be the same this year in New York. I think we have the better team and should beat them. I will stay cautiously optimistic though.

I guess I'm just not that superstitious. The fact that it was week 1 made me even more confident because it was a good veteran team with a 13th year HC going against a young team with a 1st year HC. It just smelled like a comfortable win to me. 

It doesn't seem like fans of the Steelers, Patriots, Seahawks, etc are too worried about "jinxing" their teams. In general, they seem to show more confidence than our fan base. Imo, even after 5 straight playoff trips, a lot of folks still worry about the Bengals "bungling" when they least expect it, and that's what keeps them from expressing more confidence in this team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 Review - Wk 1 @Oakland - Shake n Blake - 05-10-2016, 12:57 PM