Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshawn Williams role moving forward
(05-11-2016, 04:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: I just want to link another article ( http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/05/11/cincinnati-bengals-deshawn-williams-2016-defensive-line/84227460/ )  discussing Williams and that he turned down a starting spot on the saints 53 for the opportunity to grow in our system.  You have the head coach and the defensive coordinator taking this guy on road games and working with him personally.  My prediction is that he not only makes the 53 this year, but a rotational starter that fills gillberry's roll on the inside pass rush.  He's an inch shorter, but heavier and brandon thompson made comments that his body looks different after an extremely productive year of training.  It's rare to see a true college free agent garner so much attention.

Wow, interesting stuff.

Knowing this and how well he played last preseason along with the lack of production from Sims last year and the injury
to Thompson i agree with you and think DeShawn Williams makes the team. Atkins, Peko, Williams, Billings as our 4 DT's
this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deshawn Williams role moving forward - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM