Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
(06-06-2016, 01:07 AM)MrRager Wrote: You have always had a bias against Wilson and refuse to accept any rate stat. 

Wilson this year:
1st in passer rating
4rd in Y/A
6th in TD
2nd in TD%
Only threw 8 INTs (PFR didn't sort out the players with like 15 attempts so I can't find a good ranking)
6th in INT%
2nd in AY/A
4th in ESPN's QBR
3rd in ANY/A
Had three 4th quarter comebacks, which was one behind the leader.

Anyway you slice it he had a great year. If you want to say he played bad defenses, fine. Other QBs played bad defenses throughout the year and none of them put up the end of year numbers or the performances he did.  He did have a poorish start to the year, but he and Cam were the best QBs down the stretch last year. He was a big reason why the Seahawks were able to secure another division title.

If you want any context on how well he played you can also watch the games. He has an amazing ability to avoid sacks and extend plays to find the open man. He is like the NFL version of heisman Johnny Manziel. He has quite possibly the worst offensive line in football and was still able to produce the best passer rating in the NFL. He also did all of this with hurt best play maker hurt (Graham) and with his star RB hurt. People bashed the Seahawks receivers for years and he made Baldwin look like an absolute star this year. 

Let's also remember his 553 yards rushing as well. 

I still cannot believe there are people in this world who don't buy into Russel Wilson. He is a future HOFer and one of the best, most efficient, most exciting players the league has seen in years. 

He has played great his entire career and has done nothing but improve, yet people still doubt how incredibly well he has played without an offensive line or receiving weapons. The dude is a baller. 

Anyway I'll just leave it as this because I have discussed Wilson with you in the past and I know you're too stubborn to admit he was one of the best QBs in the NFL this year and the best young QB in the NFL since he was drafted. 

You do know the biggest reason why he takes so many sacks is because of himself, right? His OL isn't as bad as what people try to make it out to be. He just holds on to the ball forever, and that's why he gets sacked the most out of any QB in the last few years.

Wilson has always benefited from a run first offense, and play actions. He's not a very good pocket QB. He plays in a very simple offense where he rarely ever does any kind of audibles. He has relied on play action more than any other QB in the league since coming to the NFL.

If he didn't have a run at some of the worst defenses in the NFL, and still have one of the best defenses we probably wouldn't even be talking about Wilson. He's just a product of the system he's in. He plays in a system that's very conservative, and let's the run game and defense do all the heavy lifting, and when the opposing defense bites down on the run game he play actions and makes a big play. He's 1-13 against teams who have scored more than 24 points on him. He's not clutch, he's just surrounded by great players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs - Brownshoe - 06-06-2016, 02:04 AM