Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Will Tommy John Surgery Effect Homer Bailey ?
I remember as a kid we all tried in vain to throw like Ted Abernathy. The real sad one was Mario Soto.. He was said to have had the greatest off speed pitch to go with that fastball..something to watch for sure. I remember an article about him standing at home plate throwing balls to the outfield bleachers one after another.
Funny thing that growing up I always wanted to throw a knuckle ball, but never could. Then years later when my son was a teenager I had torn something in my shoulder, but would toss ball with him and darned if the very same pain in my shoulder forced me to push the ball rather than fling it gave it the knuckle ball effect. I never had any kind of fastball, but I could throw all kinds of weird stuff and get people out. I doubt that I could make water ripple now..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Will Tommy John Surgery Effect Homer Bailey ? - grampahol - 06-20-2016, 09:27 AM