Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game
(07-13-2016, 01:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Atkins is better than Donald as a pass rusher, but not by a lot. The thing is being a DT isn't all about rushing the passer. It's about stopping the run too, and Donald does that a lot better. That's why Donald is better than Atkins. Donald can keep up with Atkins against the pass and is better against the run.

I back up all of my opinions with good evidence that supports my claim to any player I am a "homer" for and a "hater" for. It's not like I blindly hate or prop people up. I watch almost every game for every team in the league for the past few years, so I have a lot of exposure with other teams and players, so that's how I form my opinions about them.

I love both Atkins and Burfict too, but I just think that Burfict is a much bigger piece for our defense than Atkins is, and I have shown you evidence to back that up. Without Burfict the defense has a massive hole in it. The team is horrible against the run without him, and he gets the defense set on the field. It seems like everyone on defense plays better with him on the field.

Thats all good. I think we have both argued our points out. I like Donald a lot but i wouldn't trade Geno for him.

I still have my homerism going for Geno and you make very sound points. In the end i think in the trenches is where
games are won, but like you said Burfict gets the Defense set and helps us big time against the run. I agree with a lot
of what you say here...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-14-2016, 03:29 PM