Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-08-2016, 11:49 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is what I don't think some people understand.  You can think AJ did a good job, especially for the situation he walked into (coming off the bench against the Steelers in the middle of a playoff run), and still be happy with Andy's level of play last year.  And trying to compare Dalton's season with what AJ did is pointless... Dalton was a fifth year starter, the guy that the offense is tailored around.  McCarron is the backup, we all hope that Dalton is able to continue to grow and to achieve even more than he did last year.  I don't see anyone calling for McCarron to take his job.

There was plenty of that even last year. which is a different level of dumb.   

I don't dislike McCarron because I like Dalton I dislike all the board members hyping him up to be better than our current starter when he hadn't played a snap.

McCarron did okay for a backup stepping into the situation he did.  But we also had a loaded team when he took over which greatly helped.  If he had stepped in late for the browns last year what would the prespective be?

He might be the best backup in the NFL.. for all I know I don't look at all the teams backup QBs and seeing as many never get tot play that season.
he might actually fit that bill.

But I also didn't see anyone offering anything for him in the offseason.  dispite a good portion of the board thinking we would get a 2nd round pick for him? hahahahahaha...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - XenoMorph - 07-08-2016, 12:26 PM