Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Billings See The Field Much??
There's an article on the Bengals website that's praising Billings and maybe giving us a hint that he could see the field sooner rather than later.

He seems hungry to get to work and wants to get in and improve on his already impressive skills:

Quote:The kid likes to jam after hours. He took a mere week off after the Bengals’ last spring workout on June 16 before he went back into his precious weight room. Then he joined local strength coach Clif Marshall at the Ignition Training Retreat in Florida during the first week of July, where he worked with such veterans as Panthers Pro Bowl middle linebacker Luke Kuechly.

“Usually rookies don’t make that trip. He’s one of the first ones. He reached out to me,” says Marshall, the disciple of Bengals strength coach Chip Morton who has run 350 players or so through the Ignition gym in Mason, Ohio since 2008.

Marshall's a great guy, and there's a few more promising quotes from him in the article, so, if he has Cliff's blessing, he has mine ThumbsUp

I've been watching this kid's highlights and been wondering how the hell he fell to us in the fourth round, but I'm thinking we could maybe be looking at another case like Geno's where we got a steal, which I'm not saying he'll be THAT good, because that's high praise, but he seems like he's pretty darn good.

His one weakness on his scouting report was his size, which, ok, play Peko on running downs and bring Billings in on passing downs and his size won't matter because he won't need to be taking on double teams and staying stout, he'll just have to run past linemen.

I'm loving this and think that he could do big things for our D! Kid's a hard worker, so I think we could see us having the best defensive tackle duo in the NFL once he sees the field more and gets his feel into the NFL! Our pass rush will be a NIGHTMARE for Big Ben and every other offense we face!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Will Billings See The Field Much?? - BFritz21 - 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM