Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Exec: Steelers Get A Pass Because The Media And NFL Love Them
An NFL Executive came out and said that I've been saying alll along, and that's that the Steelers get away with things that NO OTHER FRANCHISE IN THE NFL would because they make money for the NFL and for the media, so Goodell is basically their *****:

Quote:On Friday, news broke that Le'Veon Bell was facing a four-game suspension due to multiple missed drug tests. In the NFL, a missed drug test is a failed drug test. This comes just one year after Bell was suspended for the first two games of the 2015 NFL season for DUI and marijuana possession, an incident that occurred with Legarrette Blount, formerly of the Steelers and now of the Patriots.

Immediately, the NFL media was quick to come up with excuses for Bell. Live on ESPN, one analyst claimed Bell was living in a new area this summer and may not have known how to get to the testing facility. Other media-created excuses include that Bell missed a plane and that he didn't know he needed to go for the drug test.

Yes, that is how far some members of the media are willing to go to come up with an excuse for why Bell has the potential to win his forthcoming appeal and have his four-game suspension reduced or done away with. In reality, and for a player who isn't on the Steelers, it should be really hard for Bell to win this suspension.

He could tell Goodell that he got jumped by a gang of midgets who traveled back in time for the future, they tied him up, and held him hostage for just long enough to miss the tests and Goodell will believe him just to avoid punishing the Steelers.

It gets better:

Quote:Since Friday, Bell has made his Twitter and Instagram accounts private, but per CBS Sports, he made a comment on Instagram saying, "I'm gonna win the appeal... ppl have no idea what happened, but don't worry...let em hate, when I end up missin no games at all, ppl for sure gonna try to love me again and I'm only ridin with my LOYAL fans!!"

Bell may be a bit delusional as he previously denied a report about this missed test when it originally surfaced a month ago. Bell responded to those claims saying, "I don't know what you are talking about. I am fine. I haven't missed any drug tests, failed any drug tests. I can't keep talking about the drug test."

Don't they make you take IQ tests at the combine? This dude is even more delusional than Steelers fans on here.

And the NFL executive says the same thing that I've been saying for a long time, and that's that the Steelers get away with whatever they want because they're the Steelers:

Quote:It seems like Bell is going to need to keep talking about the drug test if he wants to win his appeal. But interestingly, while many often want to paint the Bengals as the bad-boy franchise of the NFL, it's actual the Steelers players who have come under fire recently for drug-related incidents. And, one NFL executive believes that if what was happening to the Steelers was happening to the Patriots, the league would be handling it differently, per Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman.

"If what's happening in Pittsburgh was happening in New England, there would be multiple league investigations," said an NFC East team executive, who asked not to be identified to Bleacher Report. "But because the Steelers are so liked by the media and league, they get a pass."

Finally someone else calls them out for being the trash that they are.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Exec: Steelers Get A Pass Because The Media And NFL Love Them - BFritz21 - 07-26-2016, 12:57 AM