Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 2016 Mock of the Season - Super Early!
1) Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame - Smith is a versatile, fast, instinctive, athletic LB who fits the mold of Dawson. Maualuga's contract price drastically drops after this season, leaving him as a candidate for being cut or a backup. The thought of Smith with Dawson and Burfict as the starting LBs makes my mouth water.

2) Eddie Vanderdoes, DT UCLA - I'd choose Adolphus Washington if he was staying and growing at NT this year, but he's being moved to UT. Because of that, I decided to go with UCLA's NT who has good size, great potential, and is good against both stuffing the run and rushing the passer. He is on my radar to monitor throughout the 2015 CFB season.

3) Corey Coleman, WR/KR Baylor - I expect one of MLJ or Sanu to leave in FA next year. Because of that, the Bengals need to draft a WR. Coleman is a speedster who averaged 17.5 yards per reception last year. He also has experience as a KR for Baylor, averaging just under 28 yards per KR in his two seasons thus far.

4) Jack Allen, C Michigan St - Allen has been great for MSU both in pass and run protection. In fact, in 2014, Allen did not allow a single sack. Allen is not the most physically gifted player, but he's very technically sound, intelligent, and well-rounded.

5) LaDarrell McNeil, S Tennessee - Experience at both safety positions and shows strong run support. He's also a big hitter. McNeil had two INTs and three PDs in 2014.

6) Devon Johnson, RB/FB Marshall - Johnson has been a hoss for Marshall at RB, producing 1767 rush yards (8.6 avg) with 17 rush TDs. He also was effective with the catches he had, gaining 121 receiving yards on just 6 receptions (20.2 avg) and two more TDs. He's got FB size at 6'1", 243 lbs as well as a gritty style that could have him as a lead blocker in the NFL with a big threat to run the ball.

7) Noah Spence, DE EKU (OSU) - Multiple failed drug tests caused him to be suspended from Ohio St all of last season. He transferred to EKU but was arrested this past May for public intoxication. These off-field issues cause him to drop all the way to the bottom of the draft. However, he does have talent on the field, as he had 52 total tackles, 14.5 TFLs 8 sacks, 2 PDs, and 1 FF in 2013 alone. An Ohio St reclamation project that could boost the team's pass rush if he gets his head on straight? Sounds like high reward for very low risk if he's available here in the seventh round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
First 2016 Mock of the Season - Super Early! - ochocincos - 06-22-2015, 04:20 PM