Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 2016 Mock of the Season - Super Early!
(06-23-2015, 10:26 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: 1- Love Smith... I don't need to say anything else.
2- Same sentiment here.  I prefer Washington as a NT, but Vanderdoes is a strong 2nd.
3- I don't particularly care for receivers out of Baylor.  We need to go WR but not sure if he is a wise choice.
4- Allen is solid, the only mid round center I have ahead of him is Mathews.
5- I see us going CB more than S in the 2016 draft.  But McNeil is a solid pick in the 5th.  Could see him impressing and moving up the boards this year.
6- I love the idea, but can the Bengals justify giving up a roster spot?
7- I am all for this pick.  If he doesn't get drafted he will likely be the first UDFA signed (with the Bengals or somewhere else).

All are valid points.

The logic behind picking Coleman was his fit as a dynamic slot receiver and KR. Even though Alford was drafted, he's apparently having issues with coming down with the catch off the first touch (a lot of bobbling). I also think (hope) MLJ is the one re-signed, but regardless I think two of MLJ, Sanu, and Moore stay in a Bengals uniform for 2016 and beyond. This helps secure the outside but there could be some need for a(nother) slot receiver. I understand the worry of Baylor offensive players though. Perhaps there is a similar player to Coleman but safer of a pick, but Coleman looked good from the limited research I've been able to find on him.

I like Mathews over Allen too, but I think Mathews will go late third or early fourth before the Bengals pick.

What I like about McNeil is his versatility and experience at both safety spots. I think that with Nelson likely leaving (and slight possibility of Iloka), there could be a need for safety depth. I do see value in drafting a CB (and the Bengals are prone to draft a CB every year), so that could come in the fifth or sixth round, but it may not be needed. We can definitely both agree that some type of DB should be drafted.

Regarding DJ, I do think the Bengals have the luxury (and use) for a player like him. There's already talk of Wilder pushing for the final RB spot and seeing some snaps at FB, so it's not far off to see another player drafted to compete for the same role. But this pick could also be used for a DB or blocking TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First 2016 Mock of the Season - Super Early! - ochocincos - 06-23-2015, 12:58 PM