Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
(06-23-2015, 11:46 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't think anyone has ever said that Matt Ryan hasn't had good receiving targets.

There wasn't always tons of depth, but Jones, White, Douglas, Gonzalez, Turner, Rodgers was a solid lineup in 2011-2012.

61.3 completion percentage, 4,177 yards, 7.38 YPA, 29 TD, 12 INT, 92.2 rating
68.6 completion percentage, 4,719 yards, 7.67 YPA, 32 TD, 14 INT, 99.1 rating

That was behind a mediocre line.

I think Andy SHOULD be able to end the year with a statline between those 2 years from Matt Ryan if the team stays relatively healthy. I don't think he has any excuse not to in 2015 unless Hill rushes for the 3,000 yards that some people think he will. Realistically, I don't think it should be asking a lot from Andy to have similar statistics to 2011-2012 Matt Ryan assuming a healthy team. The supporting casts are definitely on par with one another. Hopefully we'll see if the QBs are with no excuses this year.

I agree that Dalton could come very close to those numbers this season.  He is getting back his #1 TE, his #1 WR in terms of YAC, and his offensive line should be intact with solid depth.  And I shouldn't forget to mention the potentially three headed monster of Hill, Bernard, and Burkhead.

Your stats from Matt Ryan made me think about his game last year in Cincy.  After torching the Saints for 400+ yards and several TDS, he came to Cincy and went 24/44 for 231 yards with 1TD and 3INTs.

That same day, despite losing AJ Green early (who was held without a catch), Dalton went 15/23 for 252 yards with 1TD and zero INTs.

This illustrates perfectly my earlier point about opposing defenses.  The Bengals face the Browns (hey, they have good CBs and a solid defense) twice, putzburg twice, and the ratbirds twice.  Ryan gets Carolina twice (they're good), but also four games against the Saints and Bucs.  That is one fourth of the schedule where Dalton will deal with a pass rush that Ryan will not, despite his less-talented offensive line.

Just like I have said before, when Dalton is kept clean (which seems to be in direct relation to his offensive line having all their starters) he picks teams apart. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1 - SHRacerX - 06-24-2015, 09:23 AM