Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
(06-25-2015, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get the 40 wins is a team stat, but they measure it for QBs just like they do come from behind wins...and he has quite a few of those.  Regardless, to answer your question, you referred to just two games in an earlier post.  As far as your general focus goes, it seems that 95% of your time is spent bashing Dalton.  You may not have specifically called him a "dud", but when you focus on two games in his career where you claim he had "no pressure" but still had a poor performance, it shows a clear bias against him.  You neglect the point of no AJ Green, no Marvin Jones, no Tyler Eifert completely.  You also try to diminish his good play by saying that any QB can do that when he isn't pressured.  You ignore the fact that he faces three very tough defenses twice a year in his division.  How about going 2-0 against the Ravens last year?  Any credit at all?  Or are you just going to say those were team wins and he isn't a very good QB.

If the offensive line at Cleveland is so good, and they had Josh Gordon, Cameron, Andrew Hawkins, etc., why could no QB have success there? 

I "focused" on those games in 2 of my posts to show you that your "he always picks teams apart when he's clean" wasn't true. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't "focus" on only those 2 games in my regular posting around here.

How is it a clear bias that I disprove your theory and NOT a clear bias when you have to take part of the game of football out to say he picks teams apart? Pressure HAPPENS in the NFL for every single team whether you like that or not. You can't just say "well he's good when he isn't pressured therefore he's good". That's silly. THAT is the exact definition of a biased point. You're taking away a part of the game to find a way to say that he's a good QB. 100% biased.

I didn't neglect anything, I have no problem saying that he has pretty good stats (usually) when he's not under pressure. Again, most starting caliber NFL QBs also have pretty good stats when they aren't under pressure. Do you disagree? We could look into some in depth statistics to prove/disprove that if you'd like. Let me know.

I find it hilarious that you claim that I'm "ignoring" things that we haven't even talked about! He faces good defenses, sure. You bring up 2-0 against Baltimore but you don't want to talk about 0-2 against Pittsburgh and 1-1 against the Stains? Huh, and this whole time I thought I was the biased one Rolleyes

The offensive line and talent is actually pretty good in Cleveland, saying that no QB could have success there is a flat out lie. If a decent QB went there, they'd have a pretty dang talented roster. The fact of the matter is they suck at QB evaluation (thankfully), so they're always a mess. Their QBs minus a few good games from Hoyer have been pretty much garbage for quite some time. Andy doesn't suck, and I've never, ever, ever said that he does.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1 - djs7685 - 06-25-2015, 10:55 AM