Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations'
Coley Harvey/ESPN

CINCINNATI -- Preseason openers are all about two things: 1) fulfilling football fans' insatiable appetites by finally bringing back games; and 2) giving rookies and other newcomers their first chance to prove why they belong on their respective rosters.

With football's return to Paul Brown Stadium on Friday night, Bengals fans (and fantasy owners) will want to pay close attention to recent second-round draft pick Tyler BoydCincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has been keenly observing the former Pitt standout since the receiver arrived in May. Boyd's play has Lewis already confidently saying that he came to Cincinnati even better than advertised.

"Tyler's exceeded my expectations of things," Lewis said a day before this preseason opener with the Minnesota Vikings. "He's really entered training camp and come back and worked and done the things we expected him to do and be able to do. He's taken it and he's grasped it and ran with it."

Read full article @ ESPN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations' - Bengalholic - 08-12-2016, 02:16 PM