Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
(08-15-2016, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There was another kicker we had here i liked, i think his name was Quinn Sharp or something like that?

Remember him making everything.

I remember Sharp's last year here, someone (unbiased) went to TC and stated that you could clearly see who was the NFL kicker and who was the camp body, as Nuge' was making 50(+) in practice no sweat, while Sharp was missing 47/48 yarders consistently.

For the longest time afterwards, when his name was brought up, I wish I had screenshotted that post.

Anyways, just try this on for size; Since 2012, Nuge' has never missed a pre-season FG, Friday was his first. (yes, who cares about PS, just thought it was interesting).

As for Mr. Sharp, in his 2+ years with us, he made a grand total of 1 FG in preseason; a 28 yarder.

So, in terms of, "making everything," I think its revisionist.

Look, none of us supporters are saying he's a top kicker or the greatest ever, but he's perfectly fine, he WON'T cost us a game this year and when his contract is up, he'll be gone.

Then we can take a big boot from college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2016, 07:21 PM