Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford traded to Vikings
(09-04-2016, 01:21 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If I was going with a win now mentality I'd probably take Bradford over McCown. There's a much higher injury risk, but between the two I still believe Bradford has the higher ceiling. Staying healthy and having a solid line in front of him would do wonders for him. The only other guy I'd consider is Kaepernick but I don't think hell be the same from his harbaugh years.

McCown plays way too hard for his age and he's always a risk to get himself killed.  I think he concussed himself on the first drive of the season last year because he dove head fist into the endzone, for starters.  McCown actually plays some very good football in short bursts (see his numbers last year in Cleveland and his stint with the Bears) but buying high for Bradford seems like a 2+ year plan to me; something McCown wouldn't be.

I think this move is more indicative of Bridgewater's injury than anything else.  The Vikings may very well need to move on at QB, so why not drop a 1st right now and salvage the 2016 season to boot?

Also, how strange is it that the past 2 QBs to demand a trade were both moved for a 1st round pick plus? Bradford was a persona non grata in Philly after his meager holdout, anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bradford traded to Vikings - Nately120 - 09-03-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: Bradford traded to Vikings - CKwi88 - 09-03-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Bradford traded to Vikings - Joelist - 09-03-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Bradford traded to Vikings - Nately120 - 09-04-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Bradford traded to Vikings - Nately120 - 09-04-2016, 01:25 PM