Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-16-2016, 10:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I went ahead and looked it up.

Antonio Brown
- targeted on 32.7% of all throws (yikes..If Dalton did this, people would rip him for forcing it. Maybe this is why Ben had an awful INT%?)
- 590 total pass attempts

AJ Green
- targeted on 26.1% of all throws
- 505 pass attempts

By that %, if the Bengals passed it 590 times, AJ's numbers could've looked like this:

154 targets
100 catches
1510 yards
12 TDs

So he'd be closer to AB's production, but not quite there. Like I said though, the Steelers really focus heavily on getting the ball to Brown, whereas the Bengals focused more on spreading the ball last year. I would seriously take our passing offense over Pittburgh's last year though. Dalton was much more efficient and less INT prone than Ben. You could make an argument that this could've had something to do with how much each team forced it to the #1 guy.

It would be interesting to see the INT numbers for each receiver.

The only problem i have with just using an equal number of attempts while using AJ's lower target percentage is, i could argue that if the Bengals threw more, AJ would probably be targeted more (in those extra attempts). That's why i prefer to use an equal number of targets with AJ's current percentages on ypc and tds. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green? - rfaulk34 - 09-16-2016, 10:58 PM