Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek: Discovery
(09-29-2016, 03:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't like the original Star Trek, I don't know why, I just don't. I'm watching Star Trek: Voyager now on Netflix and like it although Star Trek: The Next Generation is my favorite. I tried to watch Star Trek: Enterprise but just couldn't get into it and the same went with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which I despised.

I want to watch this new show coming next year but just can't see spending money on a subscription to watch it.

I've liked the original series, Next Gen, Voyager, and even Enterprise, but I could just never get into DS9.  I know it's the critic's darling among the many series, but it just never resonated with me.  I remember watching the pilot and thinking "Ok, it's Star Trek, but they never go anywhere?"  I know some love it, but not my cup of tea.

I was excited when they announced a new series, until I learned about the subscription bullshit.  Chuck Lorre, producer of The Big Bang Theory, summed it up well in a vanity card on said show:

Quote:CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #509

R.I.P.

Network Television

1948 - 2015

CBS recently announced that it was bringing back the series Star Trek, but not for the CBS network, for a streaming video on demand system called CBS All Access. In lieu of flowers, CBS has requested that mourners send them six bucks a month.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Star Trek: Discovery - Nebuchadnezzar - 09-28-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Star Trek: Discovery - XenoMorph - 09-29-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Star Trek: Discovery - Nebuchadnezzar - 09-29-2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Star Trek: Discovery - Awful Llama - 09-30-2016, 04:50 PM