Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL
(06-30-2015, 01:51 AM)J24 Wrote: I will say this though I think he understands how to play with Andy Dalton better than Jay did.

How can someone say that with a straight face?

Gruden was the guy that led Andy to the franchise records that everybody on here gets a boner about.

Hue was the guy that led Andy to looking like complete shit outside of about 6 total games last season.

Injuries or not, Andy looked like hot garbage more often than he ever has in 2014. Give some blame to injuries but let's not pretend that Andy himself, the QB coach, and the OC don't need to split up some of that blame too. Andy had a career low number of TD throws, a career high INT%, a yardage total tied with his rookie campaign, and the second lowest passer rating of his career under Hue.

At least Gruden played to Andy's strengths and let him chuck the ball around even though he was still an INT machine. We got to end the 2013 season with hope for Andy and a lot of us said "hey, on the bright side, if he can get a little more comfortable in the pocket, put a little more zip on those intermediate throws, and cut back on a few INTs, we have a pretty damn good QB on our hands!". After seeing him in Hue's system, I don't think anyone is going to be getting Andy Dalton franchise record boners again anytime soon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL - djs7685 - 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM