Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 02:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Marvin Jones is the one that really hurts, and by all accounts our offer was nearly identical to the one he accepted from Detroit. He just wanted to be a #1 WR and we already have a pretty good one of those. Can't really blame the FO for that. Nelson and Hall are aging, and our secondary has been good this season. I'll admit there is currently a drop off at safety from Nelson to Williams but at some point you have to move on from the older guys and let the young guys have a shot. I don't think Ced has been the real issue with the o line although he's not perfect yet, seems that the real issue is at center. Maybe having a young tackle and a poor center next to Zietler is hurting his ability more than just the center was last year, but give ced time to develop. Also many people wanted to bench Andre or let him walk anyway saying his play was declining and he had injury issues.

The rest of the guys you mentioned were overrated role players who got overpaid. I was glad Sanu walked for the price tag. My biggest gripe with the FO was that they panicked and tried to match the crazy contract Atlanta gave him.

Hue and Vance both left for promotions they weren't going to get here, not at all the FO's fault. In reality it just shows how good our FO has been that teams are constantly stealing our assistants.

In summary, I wish we still had Jones and Reggie, but I certainly don't blame the FO for the decisions they made. Give this group time, like you said there has been a lot of change and it's only natural that there be an adjustment period
I pretty much agree with every word. Note: Really good teams reload, not rebuild. Let's hope the B,s are in reload mode.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Derrick - 10-04-2016, 09:01 PM