Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ratings and poor officiating
(10-06-2016, 08:05 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Things like that are filmed in advance, with members of both teams.  My step father and I went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami.  On our way out of the stadium they were selling San Francisco Super Bowl Champion t-shirts and my step father tried to bribe a vendor to sell him a Bengals champion shirt.  The guy told us that there were pallets of merchandise for both teams kept under lock and key until a winner was decided.  I found out later that the "non winning" shirts get donated to charities in other countries.

There is no conspiracy.  I know that we live in a country of conspiracy theorists, but there is nothing here... think of the amount of people that would be involved to keep something like that going.  Now keep in mind that people become disgruntled, they talk, computers get hacked.  If it ever came out that NFL games are fixed, it would be the end of the NFL as we know it.  The gravy train would come to an abrupt stop.  And that gravy train is why the owners love Goodell.  The Bengals have gone from a value of about $950 million four years ago to almost $1.7 billion.  No way would any of them, even the supposed "favorites", take a chance on that ending.  At the end of the day, these are business men and would not allow something to put that in jeopardy. 

You don't understand that if almost all the games are within a field goal that you don't have to do much to "fix" a game.  A few key calls and there you have it.  That second game vs. the steelers was the most egregious I have ever seen.  Have you ever been to a game and seen one of the Bengals RBs start to break away for a big run and seconds later, you see the back judge throw a flag.  I call this one the "just in case". It will be called holding and I will look at the so-called offending party from multiple angles on the coach's cut and there wasn't even an ounce of holding.  I used to put clips together and send them to the Bengals because it made me so mad.  But, eventually, I gave up.  

If you didn't see the late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GD OFFICIAL where he was hit late (foul 1), he was hit with the crown of the helmet (foul 2) and he was driven in to the ground after releasing the ball(foul 3) then you missed a huge example of the bias against the Bengals.  I actually think if Burfict had done that he would be done playing for the season.  

This is why I wish they played a more aggressive scheme and would attack other teams with each possession.  Marv reminds me of a dog that has been beaten so many times that it won't ever even raise its head.  He's gutless.  Tomlin may be a first-class assbag, but after destroying the Chiefs he questioned the NFL officiating to do a better job defining what is excessive celebrating.  He didn't go after his offending player (Brown), he didn't just enjoy the win, he bitched about something he didn't see as fair...and the NFL immediately sent every team a video answer and description of what will be deemed excessive.  Marvin would chastise the offending player and never dare question the all-powerful WWF..or NFL, sorry.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL ratings and poor officiating - SHRacerX - 10-06-2016, 08:26 AM