Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds get #2 overall pick in 2017 draft
I'm glad it was 17 year old Greene and not 21 year old McKay....because let's say both spend 3 years in the minors each.....McKay will come up around 24 or 25 and McKay around 20 or 21......WHEN IN DOUBT, GO WITH YOUTH. .....Both are good pitchers and good hitters, Greene as a shortstop, McKay as a first baseman. Both will probably be pitchers that can swing a bat pretty good.

I WAS HOPING REDS WOULD GET 17 YEAR OLD PITCHER WHO THROWS IN UPPER 90 MPH and has hit 102 MPH, Chapman fastball. ....SO GLAD REDS DID GET HIM. ......Plus they got a Shortstop at end of round 1 and an outfielder in the top of round 2 which is almost like 3 first round picks.

Greene has been compared to Dwight Gooden in that he is very poised on the mound for such a young age. Not just a thrower but already becoming a smart pitcher at a very early age.

I WANT TO GO ON RECORD AS SAYING GREENE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A CLOSER....EVERY TIME REDS GET A GOOD PITCHER LATELY, THEY THINK CLOSER...MEANWHILE OUR STARTERS STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN.....THERE WOULD BE NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS KID BECOMING AN ACE STARTER and WINNING 300 GAMES and 3,000 STRIKE OUTS.......Of course I liked Chapman as a Starter and Iglesias as Starters. Reds and Fans are just hell bent to put every good pitcher in the bullpen. I myself think Arroyo washed up and the starters for the most part are just awful.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds get #2 overall pick in 2017 draft - kevin - 06-14-2017, 06:03 AM