Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making anything good July 4th?
(07-02-2015, 11:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Well heres another thing. Once I get the right amount of smoke into whatever it is, then it goes into the oven where I can just forget about it. I dont have to make sure the temp is even, adding fuel, etc. Literally frees up a few hours while the end result is basically no different than finishing it in the smoker. But I also will get my Weber going pretty hot with some wood chunks in it, and will sauce the ribs after they are done in the oven and just place them in there for a few minutes getting that fresh smoke taste to them while making the sauce gooeyer.

Yeah....agreed.  I often do the whole thing on the smoker, it's kind of a hobby.....but if I'm pressed for time, or have other things to do, I'll finish it off in the oven.  No shame in it.  In fact, on the rare instances I do brisket, I always finish in the oven in foil because it gives me the best results and brisket is so fickle.

My smoker holds 200-250 temps for up to six hours at a time, depending on ambient temps, though.....so it's not a big deal for me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
making anything good July 4th? - Millhouse - 06-30-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: making anything good July 4th? - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-03-2015, 08:36 AM