Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Hamilton finally learning how to steal bases.
(06-30-2015, 12:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think it's the other way around. Pitchers know how to get B-Ham out now. He seems to struggle on fastballs. His fastball % last year was right around 0.1%. This year it's -6.6%. He's improved with the curveball to. He jumped from 1.2 to 2.0. He plate discipline has gotten better. I am also concerned why I have not seen to many - if any at all - drag bunts. With his speed, he should be able to leg quite a few of those out.

His D is impeccable, also. I think he rated as the best Defensive CF in the league. 

Can you imagine what his  value would be with an average bat? I say he would be like a 4ish WAR player. Very, very solid.

Not giving up hope, either. Just worried that his second year in the league he has gotten worse vs better at the plate. All other aspects he has markedly improved on.

I was talking in regard to base stealing and why his percentage is higher.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy Hamilton finally learning how to steal bases. - michaelsean - 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM